Wednesday, October 10, 2007

9/27/07`

We got up about 0330 on Monday morning of the OT part. push ups: i did 49 in two minutes. up 14 in two weeks. . sit ups: 58, up 4. run: 2 miles in 17.09. down over 4 minutes. of course, my knee isn't' about to fall off anymore, so the improvement isn't' that impressive. All in all, I passed. Yes the DS still gave me a hard time.



Monday afternoon we went to a range on a hill. It was exactly like the range we quality on but fore difficult to slop. It got ugly. Two major problems. only I still hadn't found a steady kneeling position, two: to perk up transitional you need to use both eyes. my good eye is looking down the posts. My left eye cant' process very well. The result: mediocrity.

Tuesday: I didn't' trust the zoom on my rifle so I had it readjusted while setting up the range. I got hassled by a DS for telling him the the DS wanted the target set up one way. Oh well, I guess they think they'll phase me. I go the zero and went to go qualify. it took me a while, but after I changed my zero again, found my kneeling stance and basically memorized the entire target sequence. I finally was the last to qualify int he company. but that is no where near as important as what happened that morning while i was restoring. I claim no knowledge beyond what I state in the following. A few soldiers in the other platoons began counting how many rounds the soldiers in my platoon fired. They claimed the count to be fifty instead of the required 40. Others claimed their magazines were short on ammo. A physical round found that there was 25in each magazine rather then 20. when I got back from zeroing, we were called into company formation and the captain yelled about integrity, honesty and cheating. All the soldiers who qualified apart, sharpshooters and marksmen that morning had their badges revoked. The qualifications began again. Fortunately, I was re zeroing the entire time so my hands are clean. By the way, even with the ear protection the hearing in my right ear is still a little fuzzy.

Wednesday morning, we ran 2 miles. Again I ran with the slow group. We instead the pace of 8 group so that was difficult. After that we had to do buddy carry laps. For a quarter of a w mile one soldier had to carry me around the track, then I had ot do the same. The other soldier has some difficulty carrying me so I had to struggle to stay on. I, too, had difficulty keeping him on. Did I fail to mention that I ended up with the largest soldier in the company? so after carrying around 300 lbs or so on my back a 10 mile muck march didn't' seem so bad. Also of note, I was basically choked for the last couple of hundred feet and then was required to run a lap. not fun. the of Wednesday was pretty boring: another computer simulation (playstation on crack) and we began practicing throwing grenades.

Thursday we combined the 2 things that should never be combined. rucksacks and running. we had to with who knows how many pounds on our backs for 1/2 a mile, drop ruck, run again and then shoot at moving targets. the highlight of night: 10 minute phone calls and Mom finally was home.

No comments: